If you’re living alone for the first time, you may be unaware of how to guarantee safety for yourself in your home or apartment.
Here are some safety tips if you are living alone:
- Always make sure you lock your doors and windows, no matter how safe your neighborhood is. Make locking up a habit every time you get home, so you don’t slip up one night and forget.
- Get to know your neighbors in your neighborhood or in your apartment building. Once you acquainted with them they can be more likely to check up on you or help you out in the case of an emergency.
- Make sure you know where your keys are at all times if you make spare keys only give them out to a two friends or family members.
- Put up some curtains for your windows right away, it helps protect you and your expensive belongings from strangers when they pass by and look in.
- Installing motion-activated lights outside your home can make it difficult for strangers and burglars to lurk around your home.
- Setting up a buddy system with a close friend can be very helpful. Try to agree on a specific time to contact each other every day to make sure that one another are safe.
By taking the proper precautions in securing your home, you will be able to rest easy by yourself. If you are living alone and want to invest in the proper locks for your home, contact Abington Locksmith at 888-296-5625 or fill out our contact form online!