Your home can be broken into at any time, day or night. It’s usually when you least expect it and not really prepared for it. There are ways to keep your home safe from burglars.
As a result of any break-in, homeowners could have valuable stolen goods or serious property damage.
Here are some helpful tips to make your home a harder target for invaders:
- This may seem obvious but always make sure your doors and windows are locked
- Even if you are not home, always keep a couple of lights on inside your home, also add automatic light timers outside your home
- Try not to post too much on social media when you’re on vacation, this informs many people around you that your home is unattended
- Don’t leave your spare key outside your home, instead give it to a trustworthy neighbor for safekeeping
- Keep up with your lawn maintenance, tall shrubs and overgrown trees can be easy place for burglars to hide out before entering your home
- If you’re travelling, have a neighbor pick up your mail or have the post office hold it for you
- Stop newspaper deliveries – a bunch of papers on the front walk is a sign no one is home
- Ask police for a patrol request of your home if you are going away for an extended vacation
These tips can help keep your home safe from burglars. It’s always important to be alert of any suspicious activity surrounding your home. If you are interested in any locksmith services for your home, contact Abington Locksmith at 888-296-5625 or fill out our contact form.